Experience with i tour Puerto Rico El Yunque rainforest like a local! Leave the city behind and enjoy a day immersed in nature. We invite you to a day of fun, adventure, history and culture while in the expert hands of a certified tour guide that will make you feel like family.
Our “Wild & Scenic Rainforest Nature Walk to River Adventure” is a moderate/easy nature walk on Angelito Trail into the interior of the only Tropical Rainforest in the U.S. Forestry system! Locally known as the “El Yunque National Forest” 28,000 acres of lush plants, hardwood trees, cloud forests, dwarf forest, rivers, waterfalls, birds, insects, lizards and beautiful flowers along with a rich culture and historical background make for an unforgettable rainforest nature wonders walk adventure to Las Damas natural pool! Our guides will teach you about Puerto Rico’s rainforest facts, flora, fauna, history, culture and outdoor ethics, while you see, hear, smell, and experience the beautiful sights and sound of the El Yunque rainforest!
What to expect:
On this, off the beaten path tour we will begin our journey with a hike through a natural dirt/rock trail that will lead us to beautiful hidden waterfalls that are not visited by many. Here you will have a chance to enjoy the refreshing water pools that form at the base of the falls. After enjoying the falls, we will visit an Observation Tower that will provide mesmerizing panoramic views of the eastern coast area of the Island and the peaks of the mountain range. After savoring a typical Puerto Rican lunch, we will then enjoy a relaxed walk on a gravel path, lined with majestic trees, bamboos and flowers. This trail will end at a breathtaking river with crystalline water. Our last stop will be the natural water slides. The water slide itself is about 25 feet long and it concludes with a drop into a collecting pool of water. For those that rather be spectators, you can just sit back and relax or enjoy a swim at the natural pool. Hikes are considered easy to moderate.
Duration: Allow for 7 to 8 hours from pick up to drop off.
Days and Hours of Operation
- Excursions available Monday thru Sunday
- Pick up at 9:00 am and we will return at 4:30 pm approximately
- (May vary depending on the number of participants)
Who: We welcome ages 7 and over. Participants must be physically able to walk on uneven terrain. Parts of the hikes have some incline and require balance.
What to bring and how to prepare:
- Dress comfortable – Shorts and a t-shirt or Dri-Fit Clothing
- Swimming suit on at the time of pick up
- Bring a towel
- Poncho or rain jacket
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking in slippery and wet terrain (sneakers or sports sandals)
- Extra change of clothes
- Extra pair of socks for the natural water slides
Included in the cost: The cost includes transportation from the area of San Juan (Old San Juan, Condado, Santurce, Miramar, Isla Verde-Carolina), entrance to the rainforest, entrance to the natural water slides, cold waters and a certified tour guide for the duration of the excursion.
Not Included: Meals and gratuity which is greatly appreciated for our guides.
- Due to the nature of this excursion, i tour Puerto Rico requires participants to be in good health and physical condition. Participants may travel on uneven and slippery terrain and wade in moving water. Parts of the hikes may have some incline and require balance.
- If you have a medical or physical condition, which makes participating in these activities dangerous for you, you should NOT participate.
- Pregnant women are not advised to participate in our tours, due to the high level of risk involved.
- i tour Puerto Rico reserves the right to cancel or limit your participation based on your physical condition. If this happens at the last minute due to an undisclosed medical or physical condition you will be responsible to pay the full amount of your trip.
Price Per Person
$75.00 + tax
Book now! By using the availability calendar below:
Tour duration and return times are approximate and may vary slightly due to weather, traffic conditions and circumstances beyond the tour operator’s control.
Cancellations must be made 48 hours before the scheduled tour date and local time via EMAIL ONLY. A sales representative will respond with validation of requested cancellation. Those who intend to cancel within the 48 hour time frame will be fully charged by the designated tour operator. There will be absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS under any circumstance to waive any fees.
After submittion of requested tour, you agree to our 48 hour cancellation policy and acknowledge any cancellations made within the given time frame are to be considered a FINAL SALE. There will be No Re-scheduling, and NO REFUNDS will be given.
Please note some tours depend on weather conditions to function and may be affected. Unfortunately, mother nature is out of our control, any changes required will be notified to you immediately. For safety concerns, if a tour operator cancels the scheduled tour, the option of re-scheduling will be given or a refund will be provided.