Do it all in one day with our Rainforest & Beach Tour! In approximately 45 minutes we will take you to El Yunque National Rainforest, where our tour guide will stop at El Portal Visitor Center. You will enjoy a short movie and time for shopping at the souvenir shop.
i tour Puerto Rico is excited to announce that we have added a new “Full Day Rainforest Adventure” tour to give you an opportunity to continue enjoying the rainforest post-Maria. This tour includes a visit to a cave, beach, and secret waterfall in the rainforest along with a moderate-to-difficult hike, amazing views, stop for an authentic lunch not included in price and exposure to some of the Puerto Rican culture.
This tour begins with a visit to the big mudslide in the area caused by Hurricane Maria (09/20/17). Afterward, we will see the highest peak of the rainforest, El Toro Peak (3,523 feet [1,070 meters]). We will learn where Hurricane Maria first entered Puerto Rico and enjoy a picturesque view of the Caribbean Sea. If lucky, we can also see hang gliders and the Red Tail Hawk floating in the breeze.
Next, we will visit the waterfall that has no name. After being a local secret for years, PRTD is happy to now be able to serve tours to this hidden waterfall spot. The hike to the waterfall is about 25 minutes and will consist of trudging in mud, on uneven, rocky surfaces, and through high grass. All this hard work will be worth it to see our local waterfall gem. For those who dare, we can climb up the waterfall to visit another waterfall with a natural, deep pool area where strong swimmers can jump into.
After relaxing and enjoying this site, we will head out to eat authentic Puerto Rican food. This restaurant features farm artifacts during the 20’s and 30’s. Finally, we will wrap up this tour with a visit to the cave and relax in a beach.
Days and Hours of Operation
- Excursions available Wednesdays and Fridays ONLY
- Pick up at 9:30 am and we will return at 4:30 pm approximately (May vary depending on the number of participants)
- Round trip transportation
- Photos of your experience (included in the price)
- Limited walking sticks and backpacks as needed
- Ponchos for borrowing as needed
- Our guide can change the order and logistics of the tour due to weather or unforeseen circumstances
- We will stop for authentic Puerto Rican lunch but it’s not included
- A minimum number of people required: 4 – There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet the minimum. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Age requirement: 10 to 65 years old (active seniors). Note: It is at your own risk to include younger children in this tour.
- Everybody should be aware of their own limitations; PLEASE DON’T PUSH YOURSELF – SAFETY FIRST!
- Gratuities are not included in the price but highly appreciated
What to wear
- Swimsuits already on and towels
- Wear Tennis shoes that have a grip or hiking shoes (Recommended)
- Water Shoes for the waterfall
- Dress comfortably, such as in a t-shirt and long pants (NO Jeans)
- Long-sleeve rashguard
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Sunblock, Sunglasses and a change of clothes
- Comfortable shoes (sandals, flip-flops, etc) for after the tour
- Due to the nature of this excursion, i tour Puerto Rico requires participants to be in good health and physical condition. Participants may travel on uneven and slippery terrain and wade in moving water. Parts of the hikes may have some incline and require balance.
- If you have a medical or physical condition, which makes participating in these activities dangerous for you, you should NOT participate.
- Pregnant women are not advised to participate in our tours, due to the high level of risk involved.
- Puerto Rico Tour Desk reserves the right to cancel or limit your participation based on your physical condition. If this happens at the last minute due to an undisclosed medical or physical condition you will be responsible to pay the full amount of your trip.
Price Per Person
$175.00 + tax
Book now! By using the availability calendar below:
Tour duration and return times are approximate and may vary slightly due to weather, traffic conditions and circumstances beyond the tour operator’s control.
Cancellations must be made 48 hours before the scheduled tour date and local time via EMAIL ONLY. A sales representative will respond with validation of requested cancellation. Those who intend to cancel within the 48 hour time frame will be fully charged by the designated tour operator. There will be absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS under any circumstance to waive any fees.
After submittion of requested tour, you agree to our 48 hour cancellation policy and acknowledge any cancellations made within the given time frame are to be considered a FINAL SALE. There will be No Re-scheduling, and NO REFUNDS will be given.
Please note some tours depend on weather conditions to function and may be affected. Unfortunately, mother nature is out of our control, any changes required will be notified to you immediately. For safety concerns, if a tour operator cancels the scheduled tour, the option of re-scheduling will be given or a refund will be provided.